sábado, 18 de junho de 2011

Chadwick Tyler Interview | FGR Exclusive



Photographer Chadwick Tyler first came to prominence in the art world for his raw, emotive photographs of young women. In the recent years, the Florida raised photographer has also created a niche for himself in fashion with images featured in publications such as Dazed & ConfusedVogue Turkey and V Magazine to name a few. In this rapid fire Q&A, Tyler opens up to FGR with subjects ranging from the industry to his work and bad high school haircuts.
FGR:If you could photograph anyone, living or nonliving, who would it be?
Tyler: When I started shooting, I wanted to shoot 3 girls. The only one I have left on that list is Lily Cole.
What type of music do you listen to when you’re on set? 
Tyler: Somewhere between Merle Haggard, The Deftones and Blind Willie Johnson.
You are known for having more conceptual work. Who or what are your biggest inspirations? 
Tyler: Balm, Florida
I want my work to…
Tyler: Yes






How do you think the internet has changed fashion?
Tyler: More Immediate, Less Significant.
What advice would you give to aspiring photographers?
Tyler: Quit, you probably will not succeed.
If I wasn’t a photographer, I would be…
Tyler: Fishing.


 

When I was a teenager I was…
Tyler: showcasing some really bad hair cuts.
Looking at your bio, you first started off shooting still life works rather than fashion photography, what attracted you to the fashion field? 
Tyler: It is a lot easier to learn how to take pictures of something that doesn’t talk back. Beautiful girls.
If you could photograph anyone, living or nonliving, who would it be? 
Tyler: When I started shooting, I wanted to shoot 3 girls. The only one I have left on that list is Lily Cole.






What was the last movie you watched and did you enjoy it?
Tyler: Herb and Dorothy, Yes.
In a lot of your work, the models are nude. What makes the human body such an interesting subject for you? 
Tyler: I think my images can explain that more than I can.
It seems that you aren’t afraid of letting a model look “raw” in a shoot. It’s very different from the high gloss productions we normally see in magazines, what inspires you to capture your subject in that way? 
Tyler: I like things before







When you’re not shooting, what can we find you doing? 
Tyler: Sleeping
Lastly, can you tell us anything about your future projects?
Tyler: I am very excited to be working with Damiani on my first book that is scheduled to release in the fall of 2012 and my second solo gallery show.

Fuck you all
The Fashion Fucker

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário